Book of Sethantes Chapter XIX, Chapter XX
1. And now the evening of the third day had come, and God and his hosts in Moeb were
hastening all things, to be ready for the great light that was to descend from high heaven.
2. The ninety millions of angels looked upward, watching for the dawning of the light,
waiting and watching. And many a one who remembered Etisyai, of two hundred years
ago, wondered if she would return in glory, like when she came and crowned God by
Jehovih’s command. Some were robing themselves in white, and hastening nervously,
like a bride about to wed; some were half inclined to sorrow for leaving the earth and
lower heaven, where they had toiled so long; and some were stately and by their presence
said: Thy will be done, O Jehovih!
3. God ascended the throne, and Ha’jah came up and sat on his right hand; and the light of
Jehovih shone upon them so that many newborn, especially of the es’yan spectators, could
not look upon them.
4. God said: One dan hath come and gone; this harvest is but thirty millions.
5. Ha’jah said: Thy son, O Jehovih, hath shaped the destiny of a world. Great is his glory.
6. A light of golden hue gathered above the throne, and took the form of a triangle; and
there was a graven image at every corner, the which, when read, was I-O-D; and it was in
the character of Waga, bestowed by the Lord on the altars in the house of worship on
earth, and its value was thirty-three millions, which was the exact number prepared for
the emancipated heaven in etherea; and the thirty-three was the years of a generation of
7. God said: Jehovih is one; the living is one; inanimate corpor is one; and these three are
the entirety. To teach mortals this, O Ha’jah, is to give wisdom to the earth. Take thou this
triangle, O thou, Son of the Most High. And as long as Seffas endureth on the earth shall
it be the bequeathed heirloom of heaven, descending from God to God that occupieth the
8. Thereupon God stretched forth his hands, and the triangle became fixed and solid,
and God hung it on Ha’jah’s neck, adding: In the name of Jehovih, receive thou this
jewel, as my parting testimonial. Remember that, when mortals are raised up
to understand this symbol of three in one, then will kosmon begin to dawn on the earth.
9. Ha’jah said: O God, thou symbol of the three attributes, love, wisdom and power! Thou
didst leave thy stately home, where thou hadst Gods and Goddesses for companions, and
come to the far-off earth, which was young and curtained round with poisonous gases, to
guard the young and imperfect angels of other worlds in their wanderings forth, with thy
wisdom, love and power concealed. Thou didst give them liberty and yet redeem them.
Thou hast stretched forth thy hand over the earth and made it to yield souls to glorify the
Creator. And yet in all the while thou hast never quoted thyself. O that this could be
taught to angels and men! Who is it, that will not trip or mention himself, or make
himself a manifested self?
10. This day I am to be crowned, to fill the place thou hast built up; but I falter and
tremble like a child. Ha’jah burst into tears, and after a while he added: O Jehovih,
why hast Thou laid Ha’jah’s tears so close? Thou hast created love in my soul, and
it hath grown to be a mountain. God, Thy Son, who hath been my tutor for a
thousand years, and on many worlds, corpor and es, is now thrusting Thy glory upon me.
11. God said: Heed thou the earth and her heavens, for they are to be thine for one
dan. And remember also, that though I ascend with my hosts to etherea, yet I
have charge of this world until the completion of this cycle, two thousand eight
hundred years: my archangels shall henceforth answer to thy prayers to Jehovih.
12. Suddenly a light came down from the firmament, like a new star, twinkling, with a
halo extending wide on every side. All eyes were turned up, full of expectancy. Hushed
and still, the ninety millions stood.
13. Presently the star assumed a brighter phase and spread its halo outward, with horns
descending, like a crescent, such as is formed in sacred worship when a God standeth in
the midst. Larger and brighter the light grew, and tremulous and waving like sheets of
14. Then shot down toward Hored and Moeb three rays of light, piercing, and in advance
of the central orb. And the three rays were red, blue, and yellow; but the crescent beyond
was white, and it shone abroad over the heavens, so that the corporeal sun and stars in the
firmament were invisible.
15. At beholding the majesty and grandeur of Jehovih’s host of descending, millions of
es’yans and clouded souls in the lower heaven, broke and fled; some ran and hid to avoid
the threatening light. For such is the magnifying power of the etherean flame, that all dark
thoughts and hidden evil lurking in the soul are magnified, and made so plain that even
the dumb can read them through.
16. Millions of the ethereans on God’s staff had seen such scenes before, and now stood
in glee, firmly riveted by the joy within them. To them, a hundred to one, clung the newly
raised from earth, who had never known any other heaven, save such as traveleth with the
earth, around about the sun every year. From these there rose millions of whispers,
saying: It is like a new death; like a new birth. Behold a man dieth on earth, and his spirit
flieth off to another world. And yet now again it flieth off to still another world.
17. Quickly, now, came the three great rays, foremost projecting; and these were the
orders of marshals from the a’jian fields of O’wea and Hon’she; the red lights represented
A’ji, the blue lights represented O’wea, and the yellow, Hon’she. And there were of
marshals one million, and they cast the curtains round about to cover all of Hored, the
EARTH, LOWER HEAVEN, AND
ETHEREAN HOSTS DESCENDING
18. Chief of the marshals was Ah-jeng; and next to him were five sub-chiefs; and next
to them one thousand tributary chiefs, who were masters of the ceremonies; and
they came in the center of the descending three great rays of light, came swiftly and direct
toward the throne of God. And the substance of the rays of light was like curtains
of cloth, one end of which reached up to the now near approaching crescent sea of fire.
19. When the light was near touching on the pillars of fire surrounding Moeb, it
slackened a little, and then more and more slowly. The chieftains leaped from the
etherean flames and stood at the foot of God’s throne, saluting in Jehovih’s name.
20. God and Ha’jah stood up and answered the sign, then descended and went to the left
and right of Ah-jeng, and they ascended, and Ah-jeng sat upon the throne, and the voice
of Jehovih spake through him, saying:
21. Hold up your heads and rejoice, O my sons and daughters! Behold, I come in a flame
of fire! I am here, and there, and throughout the place of heaven, boundless. I gather
together and I put asunder the loves of mortals and angels. For they shall go abroad in My
firmament and behold My glorious works.
22. Down to the corporeal world I descend and carry hence the loved, for they are Mine. I
will make all people look up to My kingdoms. Down to the lower heaven I come in ships
of light, curtained about with etherean mantles, and gather in My harvest of new births to
higher worlds, more radiant. My hosts below shall look up and glorify My everlasting
23. I give the tear of grief and sorrow and pity; but, in its flowing forth, I come with
holier light and power to stir up the souls of My people. For they shall learn to speak to
their Father, who heareth and giveth ear, and is full of love.
24. My joy is in the birth and growing up of souls, and in the joy of their joys, and in the
proclaiming of their adoration for My boundless universe.
25. I call to them in darkness, and they come forth; but they halt in the darkness, and I call
again, and I send My higher, upraised angels to them, and they call also. Yea, I fill the sky
with the splendor of My worlds, es and corpor, that I may stir man up to rise and enjoy
the things I have made.
26. The voice departed, and Ah’jeng said: Behold the glory of the heavens, O my beloved,
and the reward of the diligent in heart. Jehovih liveth and reigneth, the Highest and never
to be reached, the Forever Beyond, and yet Ever Present.
27. O Thou Light of Light and Life of Life, how wonderful is the substance of Thy
Creation! Thou hast given me light to behold Thy splendors, which are forever new.
O Jehovih, Thou Past, Present and Future of one time, which is and was and ever shall be.
Jehovih, Thou, Seen and Unseen and Potent, who hast from Thy very Self imparted
a part to all the living! Who hast raised up these of Hored! Glory be to Thee
forever and ever!
28. And now, by certain signs and signals, Ah’jeng directed the officers of his hosts to
take possession of Moeb and Hored. And the marshals extended out around the place,
and by their presence added new light to the pillars of fire.
29. The marshals were decorated with colored raiment and signs and symbols, denoting
the places whence they came, and their rank as Gods, and the experience they had passed
30. When Ah’jeng ceased speaking, the music of the chosen band of descending angels
broke upon the place; first, faintly and far off. The work of the marshals was in keeping
with the time of the music; and as the music drew nearer and stronger, so also more
and more of the number of marshals descended and filed off to their respective places.
31. Presently the advance of the horns of the crescent, and the cold wave of the falling sea
of fire, swept over the lower heaven fearfully and of unquestionable power. By a signal
from God, the Brides and Bridegrooms joined in the music of the archangels, and great
was the glory thereof.
32. Betwixt the horns of the crescent was a star of wonderful beauty; and it came toward
God’s throne, reflecting countless rays of light, brilliantly and awe-inspiring. And as the
star drew near, it opened on the advance side, as a shell is opened, and there, with arms
entwined, sat Etisyai and Onesyi, Goddesses.
1. Ah’jeng stepped down and stood at the foot of the throne. Masters of the inner temple
gathered about the star, and unrolled a carpet reaching across the threshold, and the
two Goddesses stepped forth from the crystaled cushion within the star, and glided, as if
on a ray of light, up to the judgment seat of Jehovih. Meanwhile the musicians, a million
of voices, chanted: Glory, glory to Jehovih, Creator of worlds! Whose place magnificence
is, and counterpart to endless time. The All, whose Great existence surpasseth the
grandest thoughts of men and Gods! Whose worlds in splendor, are the scrolls on
which His hands write with the souls of Mortals His Almighty Will, and Boundless Love!
2. And now did spread out, and round about the wheels of the great ship of fire;
and all the millions of hosts, men and women (archangels and Gods and Goddesses),
formed a mighty amphitheatre, in which Moeb, with his thirty-three million
Brides and Bridegrooms of Jehovih, occupied the arena, themselves arrayed in
white, but differently from the Redeeming Hosts from the etherean worlds.
3. In time to the music, without a word of command, moved the hosts; as one
person moveth, they in unison moved; and each as a shining crystal in the place
allotted, and void in nothing; and all so perfect, as if Jehovih had made each a special
work of wonder to inspire men with reverence for the talents He had created withal.
4. In the same time the hosts were forming in place, so was the time of the music, and
when the music ceased all was still. The throne was in the east, facing the west; the hosts
of Moeb, who were the Brides and Bridegrooms of Jehovih, occupied the lower plane,
and the ethereans surrounded them on all sides, raising higher and higher in the distance.
5. God and Ha’jah met the Goddesses at the foot of the throne. God knew Onesyi
hundreds of years before in other worlds, and he remembered Etisyai, who had
crowned him two hundred years ago. So also did Ha’jah know Etisyai and Onesyi. When
they met they all saluted by touching the right hands; and immediately the Goddesses
ascended to the centre of the throne, and God went on the right and Ha’jah on the left.
6. Etisyai and Onesyi looked hopefully on the Brides and Bridegrooms, but were
passive. Presently the voice of Jehovih spake out of the light of the throne, saying:
7. Soul of My soul, substance of My substance, created I man. Out of My corporeal Self
clothed I man. Out of My corporeal Self clothed I him with flesh and blood and bones.
Man’s spirit I gave from out Mine own spirit, ever present; and I quickened him to move
on the face of the earth.
8. God and the Brides and Bridegrooms responded, being quickened by the All Light; Out
of corpor I came, quickened by Jehovih’s Ever Presence. By virtue of His Wisdom, Power
and Love came I into the world; to Jehovih all glory is due forever!
9. Again Jehovih spake, saying: A time I allotted to man to grow, to attain wisdom, power
and love; a time to rejoice and a time of sorrow; a time to beget offspring and know a
father’s care and love; in likeness of Me, to him gave I attributes of my attributes, that
man might know Me and My Love.
10. Response: By the bondage of my love to my begotten, do I know my Father liveth and
reigneth, and will watch over me forever!
11. Again the voice of Jehovih said: A time in the corporeal form I gave to man, that he
might learn corporeal things, and to learn whence springeth the tree of life. From no self
existence of his own made I man, but from Myself; and in the place I quickened him into
life, I bound him for a season. But when man hath filled his corporeal life I provide death
to deliver him into a new world.
12. Response: Beautiful is Thy Wisdom, O Jehovih, and far reaching. I was bound in the
flesh even as a beast; likened unto the attributes of a beast was my judgment, struggling
for things of the corporeal world. With horror I looked upon death; as a sore calamity did
I value Thy cutting me off. But Thou deliveredest me into another world, preserving my
judgment whole, bringing me to the heavens of my forefathers.
13. Then Jehovih said: In no time brought I man, newborn into the world, without a
mother and a nurse and rich nourishment to feed him withal. Yea, I gave him angels to
inspire him and lift him up; and I provided a Lord of the earth to manage his kingdoms
and nations, and a God in heaven with a throne and judgment seat, that man in the angel
world should be provided and wisely instructed in soul to comprehend the glory and
harmony of my worlds.
14. Response: Bountiful, O my Father Above! From nothing that I knew of, Thou
broughtest me into conscious being, and in my helpless days fed me with rich
nourishment. Thou gavest me rulers and examples of government on the earth to
discipline my soul to the order of men. And when I was born in heaven, I found God on
his throne and a well-ordered haven of rest, with willing angels to clothe me and feed me
and teach me the ways of Thy kingdoms in the firmament.
15. Again Jehovih said: When man hath fulfilled his time in the lower heaven, I prepare
him by ample teachers for a higher resurrection. As Brides and Bridegrooms my hosts
adorn them, and I come in a sea of fire. First was man wedded to the earth, by Me
solemnized, and without man’s knowledge. Then to the lower heaven was he wed,
laboring with spirits and mortals.
16. The voice departed, and now Onesyi spoke, saying: Behold the Brides and
Bridegrooms of Jehovih! When they were young they were wed first to the earth and then
to the lower heaven, without their wills. Now they stand before the throne of God. In Thy
name, O Jehovih, I command them to speak their wills.
17. Response: I put away myself for Thee, O Jehovih! Make me one with Thee. I put
away the earth for Thy kingdom’s sake, O Jehovih! Make me one with Thee! I put away
Thy Lord and Thy God, O Jehovih, for sake of Thee! Thy Lord and Thy God raised me up
and made me strong, but lo, the small spark of Thyself within my soul hath grown to be a
giant, bowing to none but Thee, O Jehovih! O make me Thy Bride (Bridegroom), O
18. Onesyi said: The lame and the weak shall have a crutch, but the glory of the Father is
to see His Brides and Bridegrooms walk alone. Whoever to Jehovih is wed, shall never
more to this man nor that man, nor woman, nor Lord, nor God, nor to any person or thing,
for self’s sake, say: HELP!
19. Response: God and the Lord were my Saviors; without them I had never known of
Thy exalted heavens, O Jehovih. Thy Spirit calleth me forever upward. Thy Lord and Thy
God taught me to look upward; yea, they prayed for me. Now am I strong before Thee, O
Jehovih! Henceforth will I pray to Thee only; but never for mine own benefit, nor for
glory, nor for ease, nor for rest, nor for exaltation; but that I may be quick and strong and
wise to do Thy will forever!
20. Onesyi said: Brides and Bridegrooms of Jehovih, ALL HAIL! ALL HAIL!
21. Response: Voice of Jehovih, ALL HAIL! ALL HAIL!
22. Onesyi said: To Jehovih and his everlasting kingdoms are ye wed forever!
23. Response: To Thee, O Jehovih, am I wed forever!
24. Onesyi said: To be one with him forever!
25. Response: To be one with Jehovih forever!
26. The voice of Jehovih said: They shall judge from My judgment seat; in them shall My
Wisdom shine; for they are Mine forever!
27. Response: To consider Thee first, in all things, O Jehovih, shall I henceforth forever!
28. The voice said: Behold I have woven a crown for them; adorn them for My sake.
29. Response: I will have no crown, save that which is woven by Thee, O Jehovih! For
thy sake will I wear Thy crown forever!
30. The voice said: Behold, they that were My sons and daughters have become My
Brides and Bridegrooms; they are Mine forever!
31. Response: I am Jehovih’s forever!
32. Onesyi said: Pass before the throne, O my beloved. The testimony of Jehovih awaiteth
His redeemed. Ye shall dwell in the emancipated kingdoms forever!
33. And now the hosts of Brides and Bridegrooms passed singly before the throne of God;
the whole thirty-three millions passed. And the es’enaurs chanted a hymn of glory, and
there came down from the firmament above mists of yellow, blue and red; and the mists
fell into the archangels’ hands who stood about the throne, and by them was converted
into crowns, the which were placed on the heads of the Brides and Bridegrooms. And
on the crowns were the words: IN WAN BROUGHT FORTH; DELIVERED IN HON’SHE.
34. As the hosts passed in front of the throne, Onesyi said: By that which springeth out of
the earth is the atmospherean fed and clothed; but the etherean draweth from the etherean
worlds. Behold the crowns of the earth and of the lower heaven are but symbols of power,
wisdom and love; but that which I bring from Jehovih’s kingdom containeth real virtue.
35. And lo and behold, the Brides and Bridegrooms became as archangels by virtue of the
crowns from Jehovih’s hand.