Weekly Studies for the Week of 1 March 2015
Materialism (Scripture reading: TMI 53:1-7)
1. Having material gain as one’s central goal in life is how most people in the world think. What does Mir Izgadda encourage instead?
2. Expand on the metaphorical expression that His Divine Presence gives us concerning washing the eyes and materialism. (See also vs 6)
3. What are the only two things that will exist eternally?
4. What is the greatest treasure of the believer, and why?
5. Is your previous service with properly presenting the Message of Light taken into consideration by the Living Spirit when you die?
6. Why is it better to have little money than gross amounts?
7. Expand on the words of His Divine Presence (in vs 7) concerning simplicity, pride, faith and clothing.
By Akh Brent Jarvis Michael
The emphasis of the Religion of Light is the worship of the One True God, the recognition of the Divine Messenger as a Holy Conduit to the Father of Greatness. It emphasizes the relinquishment of gross materialism and attachments, false desires and elevates the need to be kind to others through selfless service, all through living a virtuous life.
“All those who share these Teachings of Light in their tongues and by printed page, they too shall be blessed and given a special place at my table in the greater horizon above the earth.” (2 Tr 12:14)
As in previous months, during March we will continue to share the Prophecy of Trees (Parts 1 and 2) along with the Teachings of Mir Izgadda and Mar Mani. We would also like to remind the brethren to continue encouraging brothers and sisters to read the Prophecy of the Sun, especially those who have recently entered the Faith or those who are still learning about the various texts within the Holy Book.
Studying the Scriptures and various other texts provided by the Temple of the Religion of Light is highly encouraged, and in fact, is a tradition of our Religion, which means it is a way of life for us. Some basic information is provided by the Temple concerning the setting up of a study group. What I am endeavouring to do here is provide some additional information for those new to this concept and who wish to set up a study group in their home or other place.
Download the free booklet How to Establish a Study Group from the Manichaean Publication Society.
This is a brief list of questions for personal or group study based on a message called “Are You Paying Attention to the Signs?” by Mar Mani Khaila. Please read the text before answering the questions. Paragraphs have been numbered for easier reference.